- Motorola might come with a new phone equipped with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC.
- The official launch of this upcoming phone with this chipset is expected in the second quarter.
- There’s a chance that Motorola might launch the Moto X50 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset in China.
Several recently released phones such as the OnePlus 12, Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, ASUS ROG Phone 8 series, and others feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. This aligns with the earlier announcement, where several brands expressed their intention to use the chip in their devices. Notably, Motorola was absent from the list, but a new leak indicates that the Lenovo-owned brand will introduce a phone with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC in the coming months, specifically in China.
Motorola phone with Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset tipped
- Via Weibo, tipster Wisdom Pikachu has revealed that Motorola is developing a new smartphone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset.
- As per the tipster, the official launch of this upcoming Motorola device with this chipset is expected in the second quarter of 2024.
- There is no official confirmation, but there’s a chance that Motorola might launch the Moto X50 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset in China.It is speculated that the same device might be rebranded as the Motorola Edge 50 Pro for the global market.
- It is worth noting that the company introduced the Moto X40 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset in December 2022. This particular device was later rebranded as the Motorola Edge 40 Pro for the global market, with the global launch taking place in April 2023.
Other Motorola phones
On the other hand, Motorola has launched two new affordable smartphones for the European market. The all-new Moto G24, and Moto G04 with 6.6-inch HD+ 90Hz display, a 5,000mAh battery, and much more.
Meanwhile, in India, Motorola has introduced the Moto G34 5G this month, priced at Rs 10,999 for the 4GB + 128GB variant and Rs 11,999 for the 8GB + 128GB model. Here are the specifications.
- Display:Moto G34 5G features a 6.5-inch IPS LCD HD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 1600X720 pixels resolution, and 500nits peak brightness.
- Processor:It is equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chipset and Adreno GPU for graphics.
- Rear cameras:It includes a 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF, along with a 2MP macro sensor at the back.
- Selfie camera:The Moto G34 5G features a 16MP front camera for selfies and video chats.
- Storage:The phone is available in two models – 4GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB storage, expandable via microSD card.
- OS:The Moto G34 5G runs on Android 14 OS with My UX custom skin out of the box.
- Battery:The phone comes packed with a 5,000mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging. Comes with a bundled 20W adapter in the box.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 | 12 GBProcessor
6.82 inches (17.32 cm)Display
50 MP + 48 MP + 64 MPRear camera
32 MPSelfie camera
- These Motorola phones are set to receive Android 14 update.
- The list is not openly accessible to users as you will have to search for a particular device on each device’s page to know whether you will receive the update or not.
- Flagships like Motorola Razr 40 Ultra, Razr 40, Motorola Edge+ and more are expected to get the update shortly.
- Android 14 has been out for a while now and OEMs are starting to roll out the update to their select models. Motorola has just released the list of compatible devices which will be receiving the Android 14 update The list of phones set to receive the update is not easily accessible as you will have to search for a particular device on each device’s page to know the names.
- Folks at YTECHBhave gone through all of the devices and compiled the list for us.
- Notably, there is no specific timeline attached to the list but the update should be rolled out at some point.