- The Realme 12 Pro series is making its global debut today in India at 12 noon.
- The event will be live-streamed through Realme India’s YouTube channel.
- The Realme 12 Pro+ will be the only phone in the segment to feature a 64MP 3X periscope camera.
- This month has been packed with smartphone launches for the Indian market. The Realme12 Pro series is set to make its global debut today. This phone series comes after the brand announced its new strategy and identity at the beginning of the year. With a focus on cameras, it’s set to compete with multiple new mid-range entrants. Here’s how to watch the launch and everything we know about the device.
· Realme 12 Pro series launch event time: how to watch online
- Realme will be launching its new Pro series phones in India first. The launch event for the devices will take place in Delhi and start at 12 noon today. The Realme India YouTube channel will be streaming the event for those looking to watch it live. Here is a link to watch the launch online.
In comparison, last year’s Realme 11 Pro started at Rs 23,999, and Realme 11 Pro+ started at Rs. 27,999. Realme could surprise us by continuing with the same price tags for their new phones, but an increase is expected due to the addition of a more comprehensive camera setup. The Realme 12 Pro series could go directly against the new Redmi Note 13 Pro series and the POCO X6 Pro. Realme 12 Pro series specifications (expected)
- Display:7-inch FHD+ curved AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor:Realme 12 Pro+ is tipped to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2. Realme 12 Pro is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 chipset.
- Realme 12 Pro+ cameras: The Realme 12 Pro+ could come with a 50MP Sony IMX890 primary camera, a 64MP 3X periscope camera, and an 8MP ultrawide camera. There could be a 32MP front camera.
- Realme 12 Pro cameras: The standard Realme 12 Pro might house a 50MP primary camera, a 32MP secondary lens, and an 8MP ultra-wide sensor. There could be a 16MP front camera for selfies.
- Battery:5,000mAh battery, 67W fast charging
- In a poston X (formerly Twitter), tipster Sudhanshu Ambhore claims the Realme 12 Pro series is already available in many offline stores and one can readily buy the phones.
- He also sharedthe Indian pricing for the upcoming Realme 12 Pro+. According to the post, the base variant of the Realme 12 Pro+, which comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, will have an MRP of Rs 34,999. The actual selling price can be around Rs 30,000 and is likely to be Rs 32,000 to Rs 33,000.
- The phone is likely to come with introductory launch offers as well, which will reduce the price even further.
- The tweet also revealed some of the key specifications of the smartphone through an image.
- The smartphone comes with a Sony IMX890 primary camera with OIS (optical image stabilisation) support and a periscope portrait camera, which is also OIS enabled.
- The Snapdragon 7s Gen 2 SoC will power the smartphone, and it comes with a 120Hz Curved Vision display.
- Display:is expected to feature a 6.7-inch curved AMOLED display with a 2,412×1,080 pixel resolution (FHD+), a 120Hz refresh rate, and a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera.
- Processor: The Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2, paired with an Adreno GPU for graphics, is likely to power the smartphone.
- RAM and storage:The phone could come with 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, 12GB + 512GB, and 16GB + 1TB storage variants. The internal storage could be further expanded via a microSD card.
- cameras: The Rcould come with a 50MP Sony IMX890 primary camera, a 64MP secondary lens, and an 8MP camera. There could be a 32MP front camera.
- Battery:A 5,000mAh battery is expected to fuel the smartphone with 67W fast charging support.