- Xiaomi 14 Ultra will be the latest addition to the Xiaomi 14 series.
- The smartphone has been spotted on the Geekbench 4 platform.
- It is also tipped to launch next month.
Xiaomi’s flagship series debuted last year in October with the Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro. It’s also the first to launch with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. Joining the Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro is the Xiaomi 14 Ultra that’s been showing up on leaks and reports quite often. The smartphone has now been spotted on Geekbench, and there’s news about its launch timeline as well.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra spotted on Geekbench
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra with the model number 24030PN60G was spotted on Geekbench. The ‘G’ here indicates that it’s the global variant of the phone.
- The listing reveals the Xiaomi 14 Ultra is running an octa-core chipset with a max CPU clock speed of 3.30 GHz paired with Adreno 750 GPU.
- The smartphone has 14.84GB of RAM, which would be the 16GB variant. It’s also running the latest Android 14 version.
- The scores look unusually high for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra on Geekbench. It has 9,317 points in the single-core test, and 26,523 in the multi-core test. This is because this is Geekbench 4 and not the latest Geekbench 6.
- But we did notice this with the Galaxy S24+ running Exynos 2400 SoC on Geekbench Version 4. Here too, the single-core points were 9,043, while the multi-core points were 25,655.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra launch timeline tipped
The Geekbench listing hints at imminent launch for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra, and a global one at that. Speaking about which, the Xiaomi 14 Ultra is tipped to launch in February. This is according to a Chinese tipster who also shared details of the Ultra variant’s camera setup.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra camera details leaked
Xiaomi 14 Ultra is said to come with the Leica Summilux lens with the primary camera supporting a variable aperture range of f/1.63 to f/4.0. It will also house a Sony LYT-900 50MP primary camera with a one-inch sensor, a 50MP periscope telephoto lens with up to p to 120mm focal length, a 50MP Sony IMX8-series ultra-wide angle lens, and a 50MP telephoto lens. So it’s going to be one heavily-packed quad-camera setup for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra.
Xiaomi 14 specifications and features
The Xiaomi 14 is a flagship phone that is small and has excellent specs. Its square camera module protrudes from the back of its boxy appearance. The gadget has IP68 certification for water and dust resistance. It has a metal central structure as well.
Regarding the display, Xiaomi and TCL worked together to create the Huaxing C8 AMOLED screen found in the 14. It has a 6.36-inch screen with a peak brightness of 3,000 nits, a 120Hz LTPO refresh rate, and 1.5K resolution. The screen supports Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDR 10+ and has an embedded fingerprint scanner. Gorilla Glass Victus serves as a shield for the display.
The Xiaomi 14 has Leica-branded cameras in its photo area. Comparing the smartphone’s Vario Summilux aspherical lens to the Summicron on the Xiaomi 13 from the previous year, it is claimed to provide better photography. A 50MP OIS-enabled telephoto unit, a 50MP ultra-wide lens, and a 50MP Hunter 900 primary sensor make up the combination. The focal lengths of such sensors are 23 mm, 14 mm, and 75 mm, in that order. Additionally, the aperture is adjustable from f/1.6 to f/2.2. The smartphone features a 32MP selfie camera on the front. The Xiaomi 14 boasts a 4-mic array that records videos in 360 degrees and dual stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos technology.