Apple Red Watch
Apple Red Watch: To commemorate ‘World AIDS Day,’ tech giant Apple has introduced the ‘Red’ version of the Apple Watch Series 9. As the name suggests, the new launch will come in a stunning red colour.
What are special features?
Apple Red Watch: To match the colour of the strap, the new launch for users will allow them to use special ‘red’ colour for features such as palette, solar analog watch faces in watchOS 10, with the Metropolitan, World Time, Numerals Mono, Gradient, Stripes, and Typograph watch faces
- New S9 chip and quad-core neural engine for faster processing and improved performance
- Nearly 18-hour battery life
- 25% better dictation accuracy, and 30% faster speed than the previous Series 8
- Maximum brightness is up to 2000 nits, twice that of the Series 8
- Series 9 brings a new double-tap gesture that lets wearers control Watch functions without touching the screen
- Apple Watch Series 9 (Product) Red joins list of other products such as iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 13, and iPhone SE
What is the price of new product?
The starting price of the product is Rs 41,900.
Where to buy the new product?
One can buy the new product through Apple’s online and retail stores. It is also available on other e-commerce websites and stores.
Partnership with RED:
Apple Red Watch: On World AIDS Day, Apple has teamed up with RED (organisation) to support the Global Fund’s efforts in combating HIV/AIDS. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of RED products is donated to the Global Fund, which uses all of Apple’s contributions to finance HIV/AIDS programs in sub-Saharan Africa.
Special offers to Global funds:
- From December 2 to December 4, the App Store will donate all proceeds generated from select exclusive in-app purchases of three games – MONOPOLY GO!, Gardenscapes, and EA Sports FC Mobile – to the Global Fund
- Every purchase with Apple Pay on apple.com, Apple Store app, or at any Apple Store location, the California-based company will be donating $1
What is the impact of Apple’s partnership?
Apple Red Watch: In the last 17 years, Apple customers have contributed over a quarter of a billion dollars, providing millions of individuals with access to essential antiretroviral treatment and HIV testing. This initiative has also helped HIV-positive mothers prevent transmission of the virus to their babies.