- Google Pixel 9 will feature a 6.1-inch flat display and a compact form factor.
- The frame is flat and the rear camera module gets a redesign.
- The rear camera system could include a telephoto lens.
- The Google Pixel 9 series is still months away from being official, but we now have a good idea of what the upcoming phones will look like. While the folks at MySmartPrice shared some renders of the Pixel 9 Pro, we are providing you with the very first look at its smaller sibling, the Pixel 9. Once again, these high-resolution renders come to you courtesy of tipster Steve Hemmerstoffer, aka OnLeaks. Expect a design similar to the Pixel 9 Pro, but in a more compact form factor.
· Google Pixel 9 design details
- The 5K renders below along with a 360-degree video shared exclusively by OnLeaks give us a good look at the next Google flagship phone. While similar in looks to the Pixel 9 Pro, the Pixel 9 will be more compact. The renders suggest a very iPhone 15-like design, with flattened sides. The rear camera module has been redesigned but still looks very much like a Pixel phone. The Pixel 9 is also seen in a Blue colour, which will most likely be joined by more options.
The rear camera visor has a substantial protrusion but is shorter and doesn’t extend edge to edge as it did on the Pixel 8. This would be the first time a vanilla Pixel phone gets three rear cameras. From what we’re told, there will be a telephoto lens and two other sensors that are unknown at the moment. The Google Pixel 6 will feature a 6.1-inch flat display with a centre punch-hole camera. OnLeaks added that the Pixel 9 will measure 152.8 x 71.9 x 8.5mm (12.0mm including the camera bump). More details on the Pixel 9 are expected to be revealed in the coming months but we can expect upgraded cameras, a new Tensor chipset, and lots of AI features. The Pixel 9 Pro renders were also revealed showing off a refreshed design and smaller display compared to its predecessor. It looks like Google is going for a more compact look with the next Pixel flagships.
The Google Pixel 8 series launched this week with two phones – the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. We’re definitely a year away from the next lineup of flagship Pixel phones but there’s already a tiny bit of information on the Pixel 9 series. A new tip suggests the Pixel 9 series will be ‘bigger’ than the current lineup. This is for the Pixel 9a and the next-gen Pixel Fold as well.
Pixel 9 series tipped to be bigger than Pixel 8 series
According to a tweet shared by Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, the future Pixels will be bigger than the current models. The display sizes of the Pixel 9, Pixel 9 Pro, Pixel 9a and the next Pixel Fold have been published in the company’s latest Advanced Smartphone Report. Details haven’t been revealed yet but all four devices are said to come with bigger display sizes.
For context, the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro feature 6.2-inch and 6.7-inch displays, respectively. The Pixel 8a hasn’t been launched yet and there’s speculation that it might not launch at all. Google is reportedly planning to follow a two-year launch cycle for the Pixel A series or axe the lineup altogether. There have been Google Pixel 9 leaks though Google Pixel 9 about the Pixel 8a, and it’s still too early to come to any conclusions.
As for the Pixel Fold, itGoogle Pixel 9 has a 5.8-inch cover display and a 7.6-inch display inside. The Pixel Fold has been designed to be a compact foldable so the next-gen might come with bigger displays. Google is rumoured to be working on its next foldable, which could either be the Pixel Fold 2 or Pixel Flip.
It’s still too early but one thing we can expect from the next PixGoogle Pixel 9 els is bigger displays. It Google Pixel 9 hasn’t been long since the current batch of Pixels launched so we still have ample of time for the next-gen models.