- OnePlus 12 teardown shows the dual vapour chambers stacked one over the other.
- We get to see other OnePlus 12 internal hardware like the processor, battery, and camera lenses.
- The video also shows the various protective measures in the phone against water damage.
OnePlus 12 has launched in India and globally. So while the reviews are out, the phone’s teardown video has also come up. It shows the various internal components including the large 9140mm² dual-layer vapour chamber and split 5,400mAh battery setup with simultaneous recharging facility. Here’s how the OnePlus 12 teardown went about:
OnePlus 12 teardown and the “sandwich of cooling”
- The smartphone teardown expert Zack Nelson from JerryRigEverythingcut open a brand new emerald-coloured OnePlus 12. The video was sponsored by OnePlus possibly to show off the largest vapour chamber cooling offered in a smartphone to date.
- OnePlus calls this cooling solution: Dual Cryo-velocity VC. As you can see towards the end of the video, there is a dual vapour chamber (one over the other). The VC1 stretches 3686mm² and the VC2 is 5454mm² in area. Zack calls it a “sandwich of cooling”. In total, the vapour chamber extends a surface area of 9140mm², which is said to be the biggest in use outside of the laptop world.
- This is coupled with Laval nozzle technology that helps in the transmission of cooling and dissipation of heat. Together this system reportedly reduces the temperature by 7 °C.
- The vapour chamber appears to be placed in direct contact with the 6.82-inch AMOLED display and Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip.
- In the process of tearing out the vapour chamber, we also get to see the phone’s 50MP main camera, 64MP periscope camera, 48MP ultrawide snapper, a 5,400mAh battery, and 50W wireless charging coil.
- The battery, as already mentioned, has a split design with each half charged simultaneously when you use the wireless charger or 100W wired charging option.
- You can also see the various protective and water-resisting materials like rubber rings, gaskets, and connectors at various places inside the phone. The device is rated IP65 against dust and water resistance.
You can find other key features and upgrades you get with the new OnePlus phone here.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 | 12 GBProcessor
6.82 inches (17.32 cm)Display
50 MP + 48 MP + 64 MPRear camera
32 MPSelfie camera
The OnePlus 12 series is set to launch in India today and includes the flagship OnePlus 12 and OnePlus 12R. The OnePlus 12 series brings with it some new upgrades and improvements over the OnePlus 11 series, and in this article, we will explore what the new flagship OnePlus 12 offers its users. Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC powers the OnePlus 12, along with up to 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and 512GB of UFS 4.0 storage. OnePlus claims that its proprietary engine, the Trinity Engine, is designed to deliver a consistent, fast, and smooth experience in heavy-duty tasking, multi-tasking, and long-term usage scenarios. It utilises a set of six technologies, which include CPU Vitalization, RAM Vitalization, ROM Vitalization, HyperBoost, HyperRendering, and HyperTouch. Here’s a breakdown of what the technologies essentially do in terms of performance:
- CPU Vitalizationbasically ensures that the chipset performance remains top-notch while efficiently managing the battery drain.
- RAM Vitalizationoptimises background app performance and resource allocation to allow background apps to function longer without compromising on performance output.
- ROM Vitalizationis designed to reduce performance drops due to prolonged use and enhance the phone’s lifespan with an efficient compression algorithm, storage acceleration, and more.
- HyperBoostuses AI to boost framerates while gaming.
- HyperRenderingis designed to reduce latency and power consumption while gaming.
- HyperTouchis designed to minimise mis-touches and improve overall touch accuracy on the OnePlus 12.
The OnePlus 12 comes with a new cooling system to ensure that the smartphone efficiently dissipates heat during intensive tasks such as gaming, editing, 4K videography, and more. The new cooling system comes with a “micron-level 3D capillary dissipation structure” and two VC structures placed strategically, one near heat-generating components such as the chipset, which absorbs heat and redirects it to the bigger VC structure, which efficiently dissipates heat. OnePlus claims that the device registered lower max temperatures during gaming tests compared to its competition, but we will know more about its full capabilities during our review.